Diploma in Architecture, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) 1955 - 1960
Diploma Housing-Building-Planning, Bouwcentrum Rotterdam, Ολλανδία –as scholarship of Netherland’s state , 1971
Master in Town and Regional Planning, University of Sheffield –as scholarship of greek state 1978 -1980
Public Sector – Ministry of Space Planing, Public Works (ΥΠΕΧΩΔΕ) 1961 - 1996
Permanent Representative of Greece to the Working Group on Spatial Planning, Housing and Planning of the UN Economic Commission for Europe
Permanent representative of Greece to the group of experts on Urban and Spatial Research issues of the UN Economic Commission for Europe
CONCISE CURRICULUM VITAE
Elpis Matrakidi-Filippa was born on September 22, 1936.
She was the wife of Francis Philippa, agronomist, General Manager of the Royal Estates of Tatoi, Inspector of Agriculture of Attica and Islands (deceased in 2012) and mother of 2 children and 6 grandchildren.
- She finished her high school studies at the Arsakeio Gymnasium for Girls Psychiko (with Excellent) in 1954
- Then she studied at the National Technical University of Athens and received a Diploma in Architect Engineering in 1960.
- She did postgraduate studies abroad and in 1971 she acquired the Diploma Housing Building Planning, at the Bouwcentrum Rotterdam, in the Netherlands
- Then in 1978 -1980 she obtained a Master in Town and Regional Planning at the University of Sheffield.
- In the Central Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1961 – 1996).
Initially, 1961-1971, she worked as a Designer in the Directorate of Urban Studies.
Then, 1971-1977, she dealt with:
- feasibility studies for the establishment of Active Urban Planning Zones and special issues of establishment of Housing Units.
- drafting on Urban Planning Legislation
- study and drafting of Urban Planning Decrees with application of articles of the Constitution and,
- preparation of the Five-Year Economic Development Program of KEPE (Center for Planning and Economic Research) for the sectors of Urban Planning and Housing.
From 1977-1987 she took over the Directorate of Active Urban Planning as Deputy Director and then as Director.
From 1987-1990 she was seconded to the Municipality of Athens as coordinator of the Office of Special Urban Planning Interventions for the planning and drafting of studies of major urban importance for the upgrade of Athens
She was responsible for overseeing the drafting of the dossier on Greece’s candidacy for the 1996 Olympic Games.
2. Participated in scientific committees and Greek and International Institutions.
3. In the free profession she prepared studies of residential units, urban planning studies.
The urban planning studies for the extension in the area of Kontopefkos, Agia Paraskevi and for the extension by 2 building blocks of the area of Agios Ioannos in Agia Paraskevi, etc.
4. Activities after retirement
- After her retirement from the State in 1996, by decision of the President of the New Democracy Miltiadis Evert, she was appointed Secretary of Quality of Life of the New Democracy.
- In 2001 by decision of the General Secretary of the Parliamentary Group of New Democracy Dim. Sioufa has been appointed a non-parliamentary Member of the Environment, Spatial Planning and Public Works Sector of the Standing Committee on Economic Affairs.